161 sentiments shared

My Darling Super Princess, Forever Cherished.

This is a very hard post to write but I feel I owe it to the hundreds of people who have shown support to our family throughout the World over the last two weeks.
On Saturday the 3rd of February, on a very “normal”day in our normal, happy life, our World was shattered. In short, our beautiful daughter Ava got into our car which was, unusually, parked in full sun in the middle of the day. She had been with Grandad who lives next door (we have one wall around both properties) and said she was returning to my house but in fact went searching for something in the car. We always lock it. Just not that day. Once she got in she shut the door and was not able to find her way back out.
Our princess fought so bravely for two days in ICU but on Monday the 5th of February, she flew to Heaven.
Words can never express the pain in our heart or the void we feel. It makes no sense but we are so grateful to have had her for three years and we will continue to work very hard to provide our other three children a wonderful childhood filled with happy memories.
Ava, my amazing, sweet, clever Super Princess..I miss you with every ounce of my being. I love you to the moon and back.

161 shared sentiments

1. Cathy says:

I don’t remember when or how I found your blog, but I love your pictures. I read this post for the first time tonight and I am crying for you. I have three children and can’t imagine losing one. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Sheye…all the way across the world. ((((HUGS))))
    Cathy in Little Rock,Arkansas, USA

2. Nita- says:

Sheye,

Today I have learned of you through a mutual friend. Hayley J.
    Her and I, have never met face to face, but have been online pals for a year now.
    Her and I have shared many, many… emotional moments, and shared our childhood memories with eachother, the good, the bad and most of all, the ugly.

I admire her work and this how you came into play. She mentioned Ava and I cried. I came here to give you hugs from my heart to yours. I can not say, “I know how you feel” but I can only imagine as I lost my niece of 4 months a few years back and with the love I have for my new niece of nearly 2… I can now only imagine the heartbreak!

Your work is amazing. Just beautiful! I am on my path to learning such beauty and have a wonderful time doing it. Any chance I get, I will help keep Ava’s spirit alive and definitely share this blog with others.

Have a Picture Perfect Day!

Anita Moore… Santa Maria|CA

3. Jennifer Williams says:

Just reading about your beautiful family and the story of your precious Ava! What an inspiration your family is! Thank you for sharing her story…I’ll think of her often :-)

4. Abbigayle Atkins says:

Dear Mrs. Sheye,
    The only way I can express my feelings about this bittersweet story is simply to nod my head and my heart in agreement. Your beautiful Miss Ava arouses memories of my Claire. She is forever 8. And just like your story, mine happened on a normal, sunny day as well. I just wanted to let you know that there is at least one other person out there walking a journey similar to yours. I’m sure you have had many people share their stories with you, so this isn’t the first, nor the last. But it does a heart much good to share.
    Thank you.
    -Abbigayle

5. my heart aches for you…. fly high sweet Ava

6. Lucy says:

This is a very sad story but the real lesson here, and the real warning to parents is to always watch your children. A three year old should never have been allowed to wander anywhere by themselves without being watched by a adult.

7. Ilze says:

oh….how unbelievably sad…. for such a beautiful “superprincess”. I am sure not a day goes by without you thinking of her ! I have a 4 yr old and 2 older kids, but my heart cringe when I think of these tragic things that can happen. You will meet her again one day. But you have done a beautiful job with your blog ! I will remember next August.

8. tamar says:

hi Sheye,
    I came across your beautiful pictures and then your blog and then to this unbearable turn in your family’s life. Ava, such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. As a mother myself I cannot imagine the loss of a child. I am sure your 3 beautiful children fill your days with happiness and Ava’s memory lives on. much love to you. Tamar x

9. Allison says:

If I ever need a good cry, or to remember to cherish my children after a hard day, I read this post. It kills me every time. You are so brave, so wonderful, and I’m so happy for you with twins arriving.

I have twins and they are a wonderful, wonderful blessing. May they bring unending joy to your family.

10. William Carney says:

Thinking of Ava this day of days.

11. On this Dove exfoliant body wash I have with blue microbeads, polypropylene or polyethylene are not listed as ingredients on the back.

← Older Comments